I love the creamy, seafood sweetness of this dish.. And, it’s surprisingly easy.
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2cup white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- minced fresh chives
- salt & pepper
- 11⁄2 lb crab meat
- Saute onion and carrot in 2 tablespoons butter until fragrant and soft. Set aside.
- In a pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter and add flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly to ensure mixture stays smooth.
- Add onions and carrots, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add cream, wine, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and lobster or crab and simmer an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with aged cheddar, and serve with fresh biscuits.
Wine Pairing: A dry, oaky Chardonnay would pair nicely with the Crab Bisque