You know I love a pasta. When I was younger and my metobalism was on fire, creamy pastas were what I ordered 100% of the time. These days I have to practice a little more self control, however sometimes I indulge…
- 275g Cedar Planked Salmon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp butter, halved
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 Boursin cheese (I used basil and chive, but I have a feeling any would work)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 237 ml cream
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 300g Penne
Boil pasta as per package instructions. Reserve 2 cups water. Set aside.
Remove from heat. Add lemon juice. Slowly whisk in cream.
Return to heat, return to simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir in Boursin. Stir in half the Parmesan. Stir in sliced salmon. Turn heat to low, and allow sauce to thicken and salmon to lightly cook (5 mins). Stir in pasta. Garnish with remaining Parmesan.